Re: [TCML] Smoke Detector Issues

RF doesn't create ions; HV does.  And ions most certainly do not pass
through matter.  Regardless of any ability to pass through matter, ions are
extremely short-lived.  No possibility of them passing into the neighbors
house.

The YouTube video is simply demonstrating a DC electrostatic field, which
DOES pass through an insulator.  This has nothing to do with the issue at
hand.  I'm not sure what the video's author was attempting to demonstrate,
but I don't think it's well grounded in physics.

Gary Lau
MA, USA