From: Jason Kerlin <kerlinjason@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Jan 21, 2012 9:23 pm
Subject: [TCML] New to list coiling for a year now

Hi all,

    I have been building tesla coils for about a year now and this list has been
an invaluable resource for all things Tesla.  Currently I have a six inch coil
that produces about 7 feet of arc.  Now for the specifications:

pri: 9 turns 1/4" copper tubing  at same height as bottom of secondary
cap:  60.4 nf   PETP K73-14 caps
sec:  1333 turns 24 ga. single build wire pvc urethane coated form
length of sec:  31"
topload   4" x 31"  on top of a 6"x 20" at 57" from the floor to center
psu: 4 odd sized MOT's  pri's in parallel  sec's in series
rotary gap:  8 flying electodes 2 stationary  rpm 3450  break rate of about 455
no ballast

I think that covers most of the specs.  This is a most fulfilling hobby.  The
wealth of information on this list is the only way I  have been able to safely
and effectively build an electrical machine of this complexity (math equations,
resonance freq's,  building techniques).  My thanks go out to ALL the
experienced coil builders that have shared their knowledge via this list.  As
soon as I am able I will post video and pictures  of the coil.  Safe coiling to
everyone.

Jason Kerlin