Re: [TCML] Physicist's one million volt homemade coil on show at CES

> > Video, etc

> Our TCML member Austin Richards aka Dr. Megavolt.
>
> (of course, it's not actually a million volts...)

   Casual check in youtube shows a manyness of videos.

   A long time ago, at a now defunct company 'notme'
   ordered up a lowmid size SG coil (3" streamers)
   to demo the noise immunity of then newly developed
   'industrial LAN'.  After blowing out a network analyzer
   (bad grounding: i wasn't there...), it did make a showy,
   if informal demo.  Pres of the Co wanted to take it to
   a trade show: I told my manager to say: NO HOW. NO WAY.

   1) lethal exposed primary (fixable.)
   2) Would have required suitable 'Faraday Cage' to
      protect other exhibits, both ours and competitors.

   I note the CES demo employing what looked an apropos
   cage.

    best
     dwp