From: Scott Bogard [mailto:sdbogard@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:08 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] solid state NSTs and OBITs

Hey all,
     So given our natural aversion to these modern equivalents for our
old friends, not sure if anyone here will know this but has anybody ever
taken these apart, and if so, what brand was it, and is there any
frequency or duty cycle adjustability, maybe through a pot on a circuit
board?  I'm thinking of modifying one for use in a plasma tube type
display as a flyback alternative...  A 17k 20mA 25kHz OBIT would work
great if I could dial down the power, not sure If it is possible but
before I buy and try, figured I would ask...  Thanks!

Scott Bogard.