Re: [TCML] Where to get big pulse capacitors

For large caps, Call Tim, 505-550-5110. Tell him Tracy referred you. He is located in Albuquerque and will ship anywhere.

Tracy

On 1/9/2012 9:55 AM, Nick Andrews wrote:
I was there a few months ago when I went to LANL to check on one of my projects. Did not see any Maxwells, smart or otherwise, but I got a nice Sangamo mica for $20. He does have a few smaller metal can caps. Surplus City on Central in Albuquerque does as well.

Connected by Protocol DROID on Verizon Wireless

-----Original message-----
From: Carl Noggle <cn@xxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Jan 7, 2012 16:55:26 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [TCML] Where to get big pulse capacitors

General Atomics makes a lot of the caps that Maxwell used to make. I don't know how big they go, but you can check them out at

     http://www.ga-esi.com/EP/

Also check Los Alamos Sales, also known as the Black Hole. They have something like 13 acres of surplus electronics from Los Alamos and from other government labs--

     http://www.blackholesurplus.com/

If you can get yourself to New Mexico you can check out all the surplus stores there (last time I did this was 20 years ago), then go up to Los Alamos and spend a day wandering in open-mouthed astonishment through this Valhalla, or better yet Shangri-La of electronics, noting with satisfaction why your taxes have been so high for so long.

dI/dt rules!!!

---Carl

I'm looking to buy capacitors, big oil-film ones. To essentially, explode
things with, coin shrinking ETC.
My 7kJ lytic bank just can't discharge fast enough. :-/

So, where would one obtain such capacitors around the buffalo NY area?