[TCML] Thoughts on safety

This is just in response to some of the safety concerns, especially in the direction of rotary spark gaps. For anyone out there still searching for the proper material, the professional and "industry" standard for conventional Tesla coils is to use Garolite such as High Temperature G-11. Yes, its hard to machine and relatively expensive, but the pros FAR out number the cons. I have included a new link on the resources page of teslamad.com to a basic Garolite comparison chart. http://www.teslamad.com/resources.html

Also, here is an example of what Garolite looks like. It can be seen in the rotary gap pictures towards the bottom of the page. (Greenish color) http://www.teslamad.com/convtc/davinci.html

I too have had my fair share of exploding RSG discs in my first few years of coiling. One accident literally almost took my friends head off. I'll have to post a picture of the broken disc here soon (Kept it as a reminder). Good luck everyone and be safe!
--
*/Andrew M. Robinson/*
arobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

/I can wire anything directly into anything. I'm the Professor!/