Re: [TCML] Classictesla

Hi Wm,

I'm not sure what Dan's design is, but from your description sounds like the typical MOT and doubler. The reason I mention series MOTs is something I'd like to try is simply utilyzing higher voltage on the tube seems to be more efficient for generating longer sparks. I'm currently set up with a simple level shifted supply. Seeing what some coilers have done with higher voltage at the tube, it's just something I want to try and a series arrangement with level shift is an easy way to get there. This doesn't mean I have to go balls to the wall to it's maximum voltage at the tube, but higher than I am now.

I am not very experienced with VTTC's and there are many others that would have more valuable data on tuning, so I won't even go into that. But, if you haven't already, check out Steve Wards site and read his FAQ on VTTC's (golden information there).
http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/VTTCfaq.htm

Take care,
Bart