From: Brian Hall <brianh4242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:22 PM
Subject: RE: [TCML] Calculators

I would like to see a calculator for enamel coated copper wire (that we all know and love to use for secondary coils) that for a given wire gauge, it gives the thickness of the enamel. That enamel thickness vs. the copper thickness of the wire can then be used to give accurate spacing between the wires of your nice tight inductor windings, and a better measure of inductance.

Anyone know of a formula for that? It would be through the cross section of the wire with a radius and circumference and probably pi ...

Brian Hall

The idea of this was to make a big calculator resource that one could
download and use offline, kinda like sam's laser faq.
I suppose it doesn't really matter where it's hosted, considering the site
uses frames and is thus 100% google anti-friendly.

If anyone would like to collaborate, the source code is pretty simple
jquery. http://calc.teravolt.org/

Just add boxes and modify the code to do the calculating :-). It takes
about 8 minutes to make 1 calculator.