Re: [TCML] gdt's.....can u overlap turns?

The number of turns you need on your GDT depends on the frequency
you're operating at, the type of material your GDT core is made from,
and the cross-sectional area of the core.  The number of turns you
need will not depend on "how hard you push the coil".  Check out this
article on Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformer#Effect_of_frequency  You can
use the equation there to figure out how many turns you need.  (You'll
have to re-arrange it to solve for number of turns).  By the way,
overlapping turns is okay, just make sure you wind all the turns in
the same direction.