To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:04 PM
Subject: [TCML] Paralleling chokes for 1256D's

hey all,

Im getting ready to "re-parallel" my 1256ds into all 4 being paralled at
240 V resulting in 0-280 at approximately 115A.  According to the info I
have, I will require 4 paralleling chokes to do this. Each variac has it
own choke. But heres my thought, each variac has its own choke  but the
paralleling winding is in series to all four chokes
see:
http://www.webring.org/hub?ring=teslaring;id=354;ac=L%7BeQEM%B8%AD%9C%83%F0%E2%9C%86%88%7Fi%1D%1Al%26%28%1AU%EB%F2%C9%DF%B2%A0%A8%9F%91xaT%1C.%2B%28E%1A%A9%E1%8D%D2%CB%A2%B4%91%9Dl%7FMJO;go

page 31 connection 2 diagram for the suggested manner of wiring.

why couldnt i use 1 core, wrap each output from each variac on the single
core and wrap the paralleling winding on the same core?? Am I missing
something here amoungst my thoughts and theory or will i have a variac
meltdown??

Scot D