Re: [TCML] Polypropylene?

On 12/04/2012 06:06 AM, jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks for the replys,
>
> You guys seem to be saying yes pp and cellophane are different.  I got that.
>
> So let me back track a bit and reformulate my question, what is
> Cello polyproplyne vs. polyproplyne.

Looking around a few paper outlets, they describe some products as
""cello" polypropylene", and go on to describe the material as 100%
polypropylene.

My interpretation of that is that "cello" is being used as a
product-family descriptor, without actually describing the material
chemistry itself.  For someone who has always used "cello" in a
particular application (for instance, wrapping a present), they are less
concerned with the chemistry of the film than they are the
appearance/feel, so for them a ""cello" polypropylene" will work as a
substitute for cello, while the chemistry of the film is that of a
polypropylene.

That's my best guess.

Jon