Re: [TCML] Polypropylene?

Cellophane is a material made from cellulose; plant material. In all
respects, (k, dielectric strength, melting temp...) it's different from PP.

The difference between 'gift wrap' and the stuff used in
capacitor dielectrics is simply the purity and quality of the plastic. Gift
wrap can have air bubbles; dielectrics cannot. Gift wrap can
have impurities, dielectrics cannot. Cellophane makes crinkle sounds when
you bend it, PP does not. (Ziploc vs Frito-Lay bag)

Unless you can find a way to metallize or sputter coat cellophane, there's
no way it'd be able to compete with a commercially made capacitor. Even if
you did coat it; I don't believe it'd be self healing.