Re: [TCML] Triplet three phase tesla coil

Actually, it would be more like a rotating electrostatic field.  The E
field of the top load will be 120 degrees out of phase.

I suppose it would be possible to run opposite coils in a hexagon
configuration with reversed polarities, but they would not be able to share
the same ground plane.

It would be best to have just three coils running on a common ground plane.
 In fact, even the three coil top loads could be connected to a single
torus or sphere, or even another common aluminum triangle.  If the physical
connection points to the ground plane and top load are spaced accordingly,
there would be an rotating electrostatic field in the top load and an
oppositely spinning electrostatic field in the ground plane.

I can imagine numerous unique discharge patterns that could arise by
placing breakout points at various locations.

There should also be a rotating electrostatic field among the top loads
even if they are physically separate toroids or spheres.

The logic for this is fairly simple.  The E field is oscillating at the
frequency of the top load.  Have three different top loads in proximity
with different E field peaks and the electrostatic force will follow the
peaks.  Three coils would work.

The trick is going to be in getting the secondaries synchronized.  Thinking
about what you just suggested, it would probably be best to use a solid
state coil.  But if solid state coils are used, there is no need for three
phase power.  All the coils would then be DC driven, and with a common
clock.

Dave