Re: [TCML] Beginner

On 08/16/2012 12:35 PM, Zachary wrote:
Ok. Well I have pretty much no experience with electricity. I'm just a
senior in highschool so my resources are limited. I'm just wondering what
are the best books or websites that I should use.

With no experience in electricity, I would suggest holding off on building a TC until you at least have a fundamental grasp of the basics.

Start with DC, and read about Ohm's law; this describes the relationship between Voltage, Current, and Resistance.

Get a multimeter and learn the difference between parallel and series circuits, then get a few resistors and test leads from radio shack and test the theory by connecting the resistors in different ways, and using the multimeter to confirm the theory.

At that point, get a battery and an LED, and learn about that circuit. Get in the habit of keeping notes for even the smallest observations, and don't be afraid of starting a fresh page.

I know this might sound really basic and probably boring, but it will not take long, and it will form the foundation upon which everything else is based.

You will find a lot good learning here, from these basics to complicated circuits:

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/index.html

Good luck!

Jon