Re: [TCML] Tubing

On 4/22/12 10:15 AM, jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hmmm that is a good point, finding the al would be hard. But I suppose I could use steel electrical conduit, i think that was like a couple bucks for a 10ft price. And then just segment the segmented toroid. Lol.   We shall see what I decide to do.

aluminum tubing is easy to find, depending on the size. You find it in the same place as rolls of copper tubing (plumbing department).

If you want 1" or something like that, it's a bit trickier. The other thing is that if you're rolling it, you want to pick the right alloy.

You can get thin wall aluminum tubing in an amazing variety of diameters, wall thickness and length.

EMT (conduit) would work, but will be surprisingly heavy, by the time you're done, being steel, and all.