[TCML] An old member returns to the list

I stopped corresponding on this list about 5 years ago due to a problem with my dial-up connection at the time. After subscribing to a hi speed provider I just never re-subscribed (pure laziness)!  However I have been pursuing the hobby with a true passion all the while, and monitoring the list nearly daily.
I have built a large coil over the last 2 years, that is finished but with problems (I'll go into details in another post, or add on to the April thread  "Secondary Damage (Large Coil)".

This coil has a ;

14 3/4 X 54 inch secondary wound with about 1000 turns of new #16 double build magnet wire on a fiberglass pipe with baffles inside and plastic endcaps. 3 coats inside and out of  Dolphs AC43. Then 9 coats over the windings.

Toped wit a 48 x 12 inch spun aluminum toroid.

12 turns of 5/8 inch copper tubing in a flat primary

0.143 Micro farad at 60kV tank cap (pulse ,1000 bps rated) Maxwell array

rotary gap is 12 flying tungsten electrodes (1/2 inch each) presenting to 2 pair of 1 inch stationary tungsten electrodes.
variable speed treadmill motor can achieve up to 1200 BPS, usually run around 400 -500 bps

14.4kv pig running 40 to 70A input power.

I'm getting hot, thick 14 foot streamers when things are good.

I and my good friend Stan have also nearly completed a larger coil with a 18 x 80 inch secondary on a fiberglass form, it will use a similar gap and cap arrangement.

Thanks for reading, and I look foreword to becoming an active member once again!

Mike Hardy a.k.a.  Michael the arc Angel