[TCML] RE:RE(TCML) MOT to MMC

I stand corrected. I did in fact mean 1n4007 diodes rather than 1n4009 but I was mistaken here too as the author clearly states 1n5408 diodes were used as Ted indicates. Reading the literature it states the 1n5408 diodes withstand a max of 200 amps surge as compared to a max of 30 amps surge for the microwave oven diode -albeit at lower voltage; the 1n4007 and HVR-3x1t diodes with maximum surge currents of 30 amp are practically identical if in this respect alone.

I suppose smaller capacitors for the quadrupler could be used and /or resistors to limit the surge current from the quadrupler caps and hence current stress on the diodes?

Jolyon