Re: [TCML] bypassing the gfi of my allanson nst

If im looking at the correct picture the gfi module is contained in the brown plastic box that the input terminals come out of.  When you get that pulled off the input to the transformer will be easy to spot. You may need to make something to mount the input connections on depending on how hard it is to remove the gfi stuff.

Scott

--- On Tue, 4/3/12, James Hutton <b-u-r-t-o-n-boy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: James Hutton <b-u-r-t-o-n-boy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] bypassing the gfi of my allanson nst
To: "tesla help" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 10:38 PM

Hi, I have an allanson 15kv 60ma nst that is doing really weird things. It looks exactly like this:
http://www.teslacoildesign.com/images/nst_parallel.jpgThe nst only turns on about 5% of the time when I plug it in, other than that it will flip off the moment I plug it in. The gfi reset button does absolutely nothing anymore, and the small red light never turns on.When it does work, the results are normal and are the exact same as my other working 15kv 60ma nst.
So the problem must be with the gfi circuit.I am hoping that I can just open up the circuit and bypass the gfi so that the mains goes straight to the transformer, however this is my last 15kv 60ma nst, so i cant have it break!So I was wondering if anyone has done this and can help me with it to reduce my chances of breaking it.
I have another broken identical nst that I could open up and take a picture of if that would help.please help me save my nst!!!
Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx