From: robert massa <massahbob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Sep 19, 2011 4:52 pm
Subject: [TCML] sync. motor

  I have a G.E. 1/3hp motor,  Cat.No.C367, Mod.-5KC35MN73H, capacitor start.
he diameter of the armature is 3.115.  I machined 4 flats .910 or 7/8"wide,
ndext 90dg. on center.  Put it back together and it still runs 1725 rpm max.
ave variace and good mechanical tacometer, will slow down at lower volts but
ill not run higher, so -
  1- Do I need to enlarge the flats ?
  2- Is there a formula to figure the flats ?
  3- Did I use the wrong type motor ?    The set up was brutal on my antique
orizontal mill, but now have that part figured out. I looked through the old
ostings and couldn't get to the right info. Some one even said " It's almost
mpossible to screw up" or something like that.  Have a couple more motors, to
est thier theory ; ).  Realy apreciate the knowledge you guys share.   Bob