Re: [TCML] Ammeter on three phase supply

If the generator is implemented in 3-phase delta configuration and you
measure the current through all three wires, it has to be zero and you'll
get no measurement. Kirchoff's current law requires this to be the case
because charge must be conserved. If it is in Y-configuration and you
measure the current through the three phases but not the center tap, it is
possible that it could read the current, but more details would be needed as
to the circuit because if both positive and negative voltage is being
sourced at a current simultaneously, it would not show the correct current.

You could use three current transformers, take the absolute value of each
signal, and sum them. This would be the actual current in both delta and y
configurations.

Tyler