Re: [TCML] Magnifier design

Hi Shannon,
     Since I've never built one I should be the last to comment, but...  On
magnifiers usually the secondary h/d ratio is much smaller, like 1.5-1
through 3-1, and the inductance is what is important, needing 3-10  times
the inductance of the secondary.  Talk to Ed Wingate, his magnifier is the
best I've ever seen, and though it is much larger, it is possible to scale
down I'm sure.  There is also a good paper floating around the internet
about magnifier design http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman/Magnifier.html.
hope this helps, now let the real experts chime in...

Scott Bogard.