From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of drieben
Sent: 21 October 2011 16:43
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] NST and HV Cables

Haha, Thanks for the clarification, Phil. Yep, that word has the same
meaning here on this side of the big pond, too.
BTW, just from the photos on their website, those trans- formers look a
whole lot like the solid state variety, which would red flag their
eligibility for SG Tesla coil duty. Even here in the USA, the solid state HV
power supplies are replacing the old style 60 Hz driven, non-GFI'd
transformers for neon sign duty and the old style iron core units are becom-
ing increasing difficult to find, although they are still showing up on
eBay.

David Rieben