From: Roger Smith <rwsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Nov 27, 2011 6:00 am
Subject: Re: [TCML] Looking for Pole Pig Capacitors

On 11/25/2011 10:46 PM, Ln2guy42@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> I have a couple videos on my YouTube channel.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfQYHF6Z62c&feature=youtube_gdata_player
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqV0ux2Qd0Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Amir
>
> On Nov 25, 2011, at 5:53 PM, Roger Smith<rwsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>
>> On 11/25/2011 5:53 PM, Amir Mojarradi wrote:
>>> Hello everyone!
>>>
>>> I recently destroyed a 0.03 uFd  35kv Maxwell capacitor (#37667) of which I
was using (4) in parallel to achieve 0.15 uFd at 35kv. I am running a 10kva
14.7kv pole pig powered coil with a 12in diameter, 57" winding length secondary,
and a 60in major/ 12in minor diameter toroid. The single capacitor cracked in
half and splashed oil for a good 8 feet. Evidently, my configuration was poorly
designed to handle the ~ 15 kv input. Apparently, people have had this issue
before and I was previously warned by David Rieben.

>>> David suggested 2 of these Aerovox 0.305 uFd 50KV Capacitors in series, but
that would be a bit pricey given the shipping for about152 lbs! Yet, I am
considering them.
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aerovox-Tesla-50KV-High-Voltage-Aerostor-Pulse-Capacitor-/200679608603?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb96fd11b
>>>
>>> Is anyone willing to sell pole pig suitable capacitors, either single unit
or several, for approximately a 0.15uFd  50KV + rated capacitor bank? I'm a
student and my budget is around $100-200 and I will of course pay for shipping
and handling; I live near Pasadena, California. Please let me know if you have
any comments or suggestions regarding possible capacitor choices; they will be
greatly appreciated.

>>> Thank you for your kindness,
>>>
>>> Amir Mojarradi

>> Those Aerovox capacitors sound like a good deal to me.   Im tempted to get a
couple myself but if I made my coil any more powerful I would have to take it
outside to run it.    Your set up sounds pretty awesome.  Do you have any
pictures?

>> Roger

Thanks Amir,   It looks like your coil is doing really well other than
the capacitor problem.     I'm running with  .08 uf  capacitance on my
coil.   Here is a link to a video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWtp9UrAjk

Roger