From: "Carl Noggle" <cn@xxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 9:56:05 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Spark gaps?

You can get sintered copper-tungsten with a composition or about 15% Cu
- 85% W. One brand name is Elkonite. These machine about as easily as
free-machining brass, so you can make a hemispherical dome shape and
thread it for mounting. l have been running my 1800 watt coil for about
twenty years with a blown gap of this material and it shows no wear and
has never even needed polishing. Look up copper-tungsten on Google.
It's good stuff.

---Carl