Re: [TCML] spark models

All,

"I had one other idea, not sure how well this would work. The idea would be
to transmit the data from a USB O-scope using a frequency that is much
higher than the Tesla coils Fres and also not in one
of it's harmonics bands."

Bluetooth works very well around (and in) Solid state tesla coils, there are many bluetooth modules that retail for less than $25 and interface directly to a 3.3 or 5v asyncronous signal as found in many small micros.

    This will give you a serial 1Mb/s data channel for very low cost.

My only problem with bluetooth around TC's is if you have a small arc develop between two connected or un-connected parts of the tesla coil this will generate enough UHF noise to kill the data stream, so good connections and earthing is vital. Even at the topload/breakout.

Warning.. touch pads in laptops are very sensitive to HF RF, even before you feel the ark on your fingers, so use an external mouse if you are monitoring a TC.

    Derek.

I had one other idea, not sure how well this would work. The idea would be
to transmit the data from a USB O-scope using a frequency that is much
higher than the Tesla coils Fres and also not in one
of it's harmonics bands. I have see this effect wok very well before with
cell phones and a regular DRSSTC. If a radio could be found that transmits
at a higher frequency than the coil and also didn't transmit in a harmonic
this very well could work.

I also tested this effect with my Yaesu VX-7R Transceiver and my one of my
twin DRSSTC running at a fres of about 91KHz. As I scanned through the
frequencies from 300KHz to 800MHz there where distinctive pockets of noise
were you could here the BPS of the coil coming through. There were also
pockets of complete silence. I thing these pockets of silence can be taken
advantage of.