Re: [TCML] DRSSTC CM600 Ringing

I'm running the gates off a powered gate driver with a 3 ohm turn on
resistance and 1 ohm turn off resistance. Schematic can be seen here:
http://ctyler.scripts.mit.edu/gdriver.jpg, fairly simple implementation with
an N/P fet half-bridge driven by a UCC37322, fed from an optocoupler.

Did some scope observations at the first transition and it does look like
the phase lead doesn't really work on the first phase, which is interesting
because simulation shows that it begins working effectively instantaneously.

I did also notice that as the voltage goes up, the ring amplitude proportion
goes down as Steve discussed, which is good. I haven't actually scoped it
above 150VDC so I'm not sure what it's doing at the full 750, don't want to
have my scope sitting under the coil with arcs so near by.

Anyways, everyone seems to think it's no issue so I turned it on and had no
problems, ran it right up to 750V on the bridge with 3kA peak currents
detected. Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRAOBwTtA4A

The top-load is awful and insufficient which I think is limiting my spark
length more than anything, which is next on my list to improve after finals
end this week.

Tyler