Re: 120 VS 240 Re: Re[TCML]MOT Shunts

Team Re ballasting, Magnetic Shunts extra filters and back EMF spikes from sudden current changes in the MOT's, some random thoughts

Not to forget he simplicity in all removal of the need for these elements with the DC approach

Seems to me the most effective solution to all those elements is to go the DC way, overkill the number of diodes in the rectifier and de-Q by at least 100% , remove shunts and control of return RF in the ring up inductor and power by control of BPS

Another dimension worth a thought with killing MOT's or not in AC designs that some report maybe unrecognized resonant mains AC rise arising in magnetically shunted MOT designs. Depending on the number of MOT's and the value of Cp this can be an issue as shunted MOTs have many henries of leakage inductance. ( I suspect about 6Hy per MOT from some early measurements)

Ted L in NZ