Re: [TCML] 6" coil form

Hey Jay,
I'm not sure what you have in mind.  I did this with my 6" coil, and all my larger ones after that:
http://yfrog.com/mqvhqj    The coil form is capped in both ends with LDPE circles, which are secured to the ends of the pipe with 10X24 nylon screws.  Each of the LDPE circles/caps has a 1/2" hole through which I run an axle to use when turning, lathe-like, to wind the secondary. And then when finished I used weld nuts from McMaster Carr (P/N 90607A450) mounted to the LDPE caps into which I can thread some 1/2"x13 threaded brass rod to use to mount the top toroid and also the bottom ground connection.   In this picture (which shows damage caused by a racing arc) http://yfrog.com/emmsj, the coil form is sitting atop a slightly larger LDPE circle, which is sitting atop an even larger one which formed the core of the primary.  Each of these LDPE parts has a center hole into which I can insert the lower ground mount rod and then bolt it into place underneath.  It's secure enough.  Of course, if you whacked the secondary, badness would ensue.  But who goes around whacking secondaries?

This particular secondary is atop that 3/4" circle to give it height to lower the k.  The nice thing about this arrangement is that I could keep stacking or removing bits of LDPE to play with the coupling.

I can take zero credit for this concept.  It was shown to me by a fellow TCML coiler who has been using it successfully for much longer than I have been interested in coils.

Cheers,
Joe