Re: [TCML] Nikola Lonchar invites you to Nikola Tesla Club

On 6/21/11 7:23 PM, Peter Terren wrote:
Does anyone have impressions of this group?

Peter
www.tesladownunder.com

Certain amount of hyperbole.  (most active?  really?)

Some of the usual weird stuff that Tesla seems to attract, but it looks like they're trying to get real speakers for their meetings (viz electric cars, etc), not just fringe folks. I don't know, from a casual reading of their mailing list archives, how light/heavy a moderating hand they apply. The forums are a lot of 1 post, no reply, in bursts.

The usual plans to create traveling exhibit or museum, etc. to spread the word of Tesla. I'm loosely involved with a group in my city that has been working to create a science museum. It is really, really, really hard to do, especially if it's going to be a sustained existence.

Maybe it's just a bunch of folks in Philly who get together once a month to have a good time and talk technical topics.