[TCML] DRSSTC and targets to strike

Hello TCML members.  I wanted to double check this so I don't cause any harm to my DRSSTC.  When it comes to making a streamer hit a metal object, is it okay if the object is grounded?  To the same RF rod that the secondary is grounded to, that is.  I thought it was possible to explode the bridge by striking something thats grounded, or is that when the grounded object makes contact with the topload?  Is there any way to damage a DRSSTC with grounded objects besides poking the bridge?

What I want to do, is hang a foil sheet from the ceiling as a strike target for the streamers.  I know the metal alone will cause streamers to strike it, but grounding it would make a much better chance of making contact with it.  I didn't want to just go and try it, because some reason i remember something about Tesla coil streamers + Ground item somehow equals a dead bridge.

Suggestions are welcomed, Best to ground the metal target in floating air, or leave it untouched?

-- Justin