Re: [TCML] first light

Hi Bob,

36" isn't at all bad for first light.  I'm sure mine was considerably less
when I first started out.

I didn't see any reference to what your tank capacitance is?

Your experience matches mine as far as varying power to the sucker gap
motor.  You don't need ridiculous amounts of airflow when the air is
perfectly channeled in a sucker gap.

Terry filter resistors WILL get very hot - that's normal.

I've never been able to get the streamers to dance smoothly around the top
load.  It may be that my 7x30 toroid is pushing the limit, but I have to use
a breakout point.

You're only drawing 4-5 Amps to the NST at 140V?  Hmmm, I typically pull
20A+ to my 15/60, and that's *with* PFC caps.  If your cap is seriously too
small, that could explain it.  Or if your main gap was much too narrow?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA