RE: [TCML] update

> I assume you re-tuned if needed.  In general true toroids
> do a better job of controlling (preventing) the corona/streamers
> from jumping off the top turn.

Tried re-tuning, but change was negligible.

> The problem can be solved
> by placing a corona ring just above the top turn.  It can
> be maybe 5" overall diameter or so, and as little as 1" tube
> diameter, maybe less.  Sparks should come off the main
> copper ball rather than this corona ring.

I am intrigued by the description of this "corona ring". Have you (possibly) close-up photos of said device?  I have temporarily
protected the secondary windings with a plastic jar lid, covered with foil tape... streamers still happening there, but at least not
directly on the windings.
---
Reverend Christopher "Fuzzy" Mayeux
Pastor, MSB Ministries