Re: [TCML] Q: Why won't this work better?

The thing that jumps out to me about your photos is the spark gap.  What
material are the knobs that constitute the electrodes?  While knobs make
very good safety gap electrodes, I wouldn't recommend them for the main gap
electrodes, as the arc will always form on the same point on each electrode,
rapidly eroding that point and leading to unstable breakdown voltages.

I also see what looks like a blower, but can't see that its being focused on
the arcing channel.  Good forced air flow is very important, in my
experience.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA