Re: [TCML] Sync gap setup

jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Now that is the website that i wanted to see =) thanks for sharing!

I will start testing at 7.5uf. Unless someone has a better
recommendation. My motor is a modified 1800rpm 1/3 hp and I am
designing it to be a propeller gap.

I'm using 128uF on mine, with a 5A 120V variac controlling a modified 1/4hp 1725RPM motor. I don't know what others are using (every configuration is different), but if you have an extra few bucks it wouldn't hurt to pick up several 30uF caps along with maybe a single 15uF (or smaller) unit for more flexibility. Shipping isn't going to be a lot different for a few more caps, and since they're only about five bucks each, you'd only have one purchase to make.

You might want to see what others are using for similar setups, or perhaps check in the archives before you place your order, though.

Jon