Re: [TCML] Beginning Tesla Design

Sorry Taylor, I didnt mean to throw you a curve ball there.
What I was getting at is according to your TeslaMap output, your
primary cap size is very close to resonant, which means running the
coil in that configuration could create a condition that may cause the
secondary voltage in your NST to rise to a point well over what it is
safely rated to operate at and ultimately burn it out.
Secondly, using just enough caps in the MMC to reach the desired
capacitance, but ignoring the fact that they are rated for DC
operation is likely to significantly shorten their lives (perhaps to
just mere minutes).
Im not saying that you need to spend a lot of money and build a museum
piece, but you may find that by building it to the bare minimum that
looks like it should work on paper could cause it to go up in smoke on
its first test run.
Perhaps a $65 investment on a more durable design would serve you
better than $45 spent on burnt-out components.
I may be wrong, these things can be strange beasts, perhaps it could
last much longer than you need it to for the purpose its being built.
I would just hate to see it die before you got a chance to demonstrate it.
Ask a lot of questions and read through the TCML archives, there is a
lot information here.
Best of luck!