From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Carl Noggle
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 8:33 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Pole transformer

Hi, Joe,

David is right, I think.  You might try energizing the transformer from
a 6.3V or 5V transformer--or from half the voltage, if it's
center-tapped--since the step-up is about 50, you should get a few
hundred volts out of the secondary.  If the primaries are connected out
of phase, you'll get zero.  Be careful when you hook up to full power,
since the 10kV output is not current limited and is LETHAL as hell.
Beyond that, have fun.

---Carl

Thanks for the info.
You have confirmed my original thoughts.
Joe