[TCML] Variac Paralleling Transformers

I finally finished building my next control cabinet, built around three ganged variacs. I figured I would finish the cabinet before I tackled the issue of balancing the variacs, and that time is now.

I came across a post detailing the "Hickman Method" (http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2001/March/msg00469.html) of winding center-tapped transformer cores, which I will be utilizing with MOT cores. Note: I will be modifying his method by seperating and isolating each side of the center tap.

My plan was to use three MOT cores, wired up in the standard method, shown as "B" in the following diagram: http://teslacoils.home.comcast.net/ParallelVariac.gif

But then I came across topology "A" (from http://www.superiorelectric.com/PDF/z30pwst_instr_002105-006g.pdf), which uses only two balancing transformers.

So here's my question: Would the method "A" actually work, and balance current equally from the three variacs? If so, is there any benefit from using three balancing transformers instead of just two?

Also, do the balancing transformers need to have similar core areas, or does this not matter as long as they don't saturate?

Thanks for any insight into this,

Jon