Fwd: Re: [TCML] Tuning a Tesla Coil with an Oscilloscope

When you hit the res. freq. of the secondary coil, the amplitude of the
signal picked up by the scope increases considerably. It "peaks" because
on each side of the resonance frequency it drops off rapidly.

So all you have to look for is a signal that rises up to a peak, then you
are there!

You may want to ground both the scope and the sig. gen. in order to get a
stable reference level on the scope screen, iow. to avoid the signal
jumping allover the screen due to mains freq. pickup.

Cheers, Finn Hammer