Re: [TCML] Jacob's Ladder

Try a Jacobs Biladder or a water electrode ladder or a dual concentric ladder.
http://tesladownunder.com/JacobsLadder.htm
Your NST should be fine but you would need to rectify it for the magnetic effect ladders and also any chemical effect ladders with asymmetrical colours. One diode rated at 25.4 kV bare minimum and run the ladder from the voltage across the diode. This can be a string of 30 1N4007's and use your MMC string which should be fine and within spec as this is a DC application.
Think laterally.
I can think even now of JL variations that have never been done before.
Get an old SLR camera with a tripod, set up a website and do some thing new and interesting.
BTW spiral is not as easy as it sounds.

Peter

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Steinberg" <david.steinberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
I have a 9kv / 30mA NST, some ¼" copper tubing, 7 CDE 942 caps (0.15mfd
2,000 v) and high voltage wire left over from building my tesla coil.
snipola
3.      A simple coat-hanger V-design is out of the question.  It must be
interesting - perhaps a spiral, perhaps something different and interesting;
I am looking for any and all ideas and / or designs.  Should I go ac or dc?
Is there a simple way to boast the power of the 9kv transformer, or should I
go with something else?  Anyone have a great and novel design?

Thanks,
David