Re: [TCML] MOT stacks

Hi John,
For paralleling them, yes they should match, this is because if one puts out a higher voltage, it will be effectively clamped to the lower voltage, and the benefit is zero, unless your tank circuit can actually draw enough to bring them below the lowest voltage available. With that said, from a practical standpoint, you are probably fine, a few hundred volts difference shouldn't really matter... With that said, why would you parallel MOTs, they can already supply ungodly current, the tank cap required to take advantage of that much current would cost a few fortunes? Anyway onto your second point, you can easily do a three mot stack, just don't ground any cores, in a pinch when one of your four burns out, this is what I did (but I just run two now anyway, easier and more reliable for a quick 2+kW.) Other can probably chime in on this...

Scott Bogard.