Re: [TCML] Mylar capacitor

Thanks for all the suggestions on the cap guys,

I am heading back to college in a few days so, I will have all quarter to continue to research what I want to do. =)

I especially like the positive feedback in regard to the segmented gaps.

One thing I would like to add from my own experience in rolling my own poly caps.
Prior to impregnating my one capacitor with oil, I heated the oil to near boiling, driving out any moisture, dissolved air and the like.

Also has anyone looked into the use of a lamination machine to produce capacitor plates. In that case the edges of the foil would for the most part be sealed within the sheet of plastic except where you are tapping it of course, maybe reducing the effects of corona into the oil? But I don't know what type of plastic that is.