To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 10:46 PM
Subject: RE: [TCML] Will an audio sstc play the radio?

A small Faraday cage around the coil might contain the RF so as not to interfere with the radio. From watching the video on the link you provided the discharges aren't that long, so a box type cage with wood for the edges and metal screen door mesh (which you can probably get a your local hardware store) for the sides and top might work. See some of the cages emailed recently to the list, pictures people sent of what they stand inside of while big coils throw sparks at the cage while taking pictures with RF sensitive digital cameras.

When I was on a tour of the MIT ion thruster lab they had a similar rig with fine copper mesh around a new project, so as not to interfere with other electronics in the room.

Just a guess here, someone else should probably weigh in too before you spend that much on the rig.