Re: [TCML] Toroid Proportions

Probably the best example of bigger-is-better is with my 4/20 powered "mini"
coil.  Conventional wisdom would have such a small NST paired with a
donut-sized toroid and a very thin secondary.  I started out using a 3" x 6"
toroid, but ultimately used a 3.5" x 10.75" toroid.  For the secondary, I
started with a 1.9" x 9.5" coil, ultimately progressing to a 4.25" x 10"
coil.  I don't have reliable performance figures handy, but bigger was a LOT
better.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA