Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 4:54 AM
Subject: [TCML] Bipolar coils

Hi again,

I cannot seem to find a definitive resource for information on bipolar
coil design methodologies so am hoping someone on this list will be
able to help me out or point me in the right direction.

I have a 2KW SSG coil that I want to convert into a bipolar
configuration for environments where I have no access to a dedicated
RF earth.

For my purposes I am wanting to build a horizontal bipolar coil rather
than the more common twin coil system. I remember reading somewhere a
long time ago that the secondary coil needs to be wound in opposite
directions from the centre point but cannot find that reference
anymore???

I am also unsure of how to go about the resonance calculations, toploading, etc.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Keep em sparks flying
Grant