[TCML] 2010 North Texas Teslathon

The 2010 North Texas Teslathon will be the last Saturday in October,October 30th. at Bert Pool's place. I am located about 15 miles west of Fort Worth Texas @ 233 Remuda Circle West, Fort Worth Texas.

Contact me off-line at P00L256@xxxxxxxxxxx (those are zeroes, not oh's) if you need more specific directions on how to get here. We have 120 and 240 volts available (50 amps) for those who wish to bring Tesla coils. We'll be setting up the Wart Hog outdoors (here's hoping for suitable weather!),so we should have some 12 foot sparks out in the driveway, come evening darkness.

There will be a number of interesting non-Tesla related projects on show this year, so if you have a cool project, bring it along. And we almost always drag out some lasers, microwave gunnplexers, and other interesting things. Wild Bill is going to set up his big quarter shrinker this year. If you have interesting equipment for sale or trade, toss it in the back of the car or truck and bring it along!

We'll have basic grilled burgers and hot dogs, chips and drinks, so expect to pony up a few bucks to cover food costs, or you can make arrangements to bring food/ice/chips/dip/etc.

If you are coming, please let me know, so I'll know how much food to buy. 'Thon starts about 9:00 a.m. and will run until about 10:00 or 11:00 p.m.

And if you have a friend that you know would really enjoy this, bring him/her along. No small children, please. And no alcohol - booze and high voltage do not mix.

The good sparks will all start when it gets dark, so if you do not want to hang around all day, then be sure to arrive just before it gets dark.

The nearest motel, for any long distance travelers, is located at the intersection of White Settlement Rd and Loop 820 N:

Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites
201 W Loop 820 N
Fort Worth, TX 76108-2034
Get Directions
(817) 246-8777

Lat/long for motel is about 32.76188, -97.47934, and is about 7 miles from Bert's house. Since I live off White Settlement Road, it is a convenient place to stay. I've never stayed there, but what can I say? A Best Western is a Best Western.

Directions from the intersection of IH-820 N and White Settlement Rd to my house:
7.8 mi

Start: White Settlement Rd

1. Head west on White Settlement Rd 0.3 mi
2. At Clifford St light, Turn left to stay on White Settlement Rd 5.0 mi
3. Turn right at Remuda Dr 0.6 mi
4. Take the 3rd right to stay on Remuda Dr 0.3 mi
5. Continue onto Arroyo Dr 0.5 mi
6. Turn left at Ladera Dr 0.5 mi
7. Slight right at Valle St 0.2 mi
8. Turn left at Remuda Cir W 0.3 mi
9. Continue onto Remuda Dr to 233 Remuda Dr West 600 ft

End: 233 Remuda Dr West

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone - it's been about 3 years since I've hosted a 'thon, and Phil and Venice Rembold, our past Teslaton hosts, are certainly due a little break!

Bert Pool