RE: [TCML] Re: current limit system and X-rays

It probably will not work as the tube requires HVDC to operate. AC might work, but generally the potential has to be maintained for about 1 ms for X ray generation (frequency of 1 kHz or less), and TCs operate at a frequency of tens or hundreds of kHz. Current is also an issue, requiring tens to hundreds of mA for decent X ray production. You might get a small amount of X rays, but the yield probably will not be significant.
Regards,Jeremy