Re: [TCML] SRSG vs. RQSG (Sucker Gaps)

That's an excellent point.  The sucker gap *is* much simpler than rotary gap and as you stated yields excellent performance as well.
48" of spark from a 12/60 NST is STILL awesome!
Also, Terry Blake had great success with his asynchronous propellar spark gap.  I'd really liked these as well as had great results with them. If you go that route, just keep in mind to physically shield it for safety.  But, Terry's propellar gap was simple, easy to make, and worked well!  I was definitely a "fan!"

Dan
http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com

When i used to make spark gap coils, I found the "sucker gap" to be the best
compromise in performance and complexity to build.  Going to a SRSG was only
slightly higher performance over a sucker gap, but a sucker gap was much
better performing than any RQ gap id ever built.  I was often getting about
48" of spark from a 12/60 NST using a sucker gap which seemed pretty awesome
back then ;-).

Steve