From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of churchmon@xxxxxxx
Sent: 24 September 2010 19:02
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] Questions on the Freau SRSG Phase Controller

 Hi Aric and list members,
Although I have not posted in some time I would like to share my SRSG (with
phase adj.) set up for comparison purposes.
I use a 1/3 hp G.E. 3600 rpm motor modified for synchronous operation.The
gap has four  flying electrodes  and two stationary.
The phase controller consists of 195 uf. of caps , 20 amp general radio
variac , on off switch for motor through the variac, a  9 amp fast blow fuse
and a switch on the caps to engage the circuit For testing the phase
adjustment I use a timing light (Auto parts store) connected to a 12 volt
battery charger. I clip the spark plug wire clip  to the 120 volt ac cord
going to the motor.When I aim the light at the rotor while turning the
variac knob I get a full  90  degrees of adjustment and this gives 120  or
240 bps.

Regards,
Mike Church
Bakersfield Ca.