Re: [TCML] Questions on the Freau SRSG Phase Controller

John,

Yes, it's me, Aric.  I've been off the list for a while, and out of
coiling.  I've decided to dust off some half-finished aspects of my old
coil, and give it a go again.  This includes the SRSG phase control, and a
4-MOT stack to replace a 15K/120mA NST supply.

I wired-up a high-intensity white LED to a chain of Zener diodes, a
rectifier diode, and a current limiting resistor, to illuminate the RSG
rotor.  The LED is illuminated for about 15% of each line cycle.  Peak
current through the LED is 150mA.  I'm hoping it will suffice to allow me to
view the phase-shifting behavior.

Thank you for your help.

Aric