Re: [TCML] turn and frequency relation

Amir, I think maybe you should take a look at Paul Nicholson's website and documentation regarding the physics involved with Tesla secondaries.

http://abelian.org/tssp/

Regards,
Bart

Scott Bogard wrote:
Hi Amir,
Others will chime in here who know better than I but turns has nothing to do with it directly, it is the inductance and capacitance of the coil you are worried about. F (resonate frequency) = 1/((2*Pi)*(sqrt(L*C))) there is also Q factor in there, as I understand it a higher Q means less damping, so it oscillates more freely and closer to the formula above, more damping kills the oscillations faster and if memory serves speeds them up (like changing the length of a violin string.) Anyway calculating the coil inductance and capacitance is much more complicated, which is why I use a program. For something to wrap your head around, more turns yield higher inductance, and bigger turns yields higher inductance, I can't say for capacitance as I'm not sure how it works, except in your primary circuit where self capacitance is minimal and you use the tank capacitance in the formula. I hope this helps.

Scott Bogard.